Adsense leaderboard

Friday, March 16, 2012

It's About Time!!




Have you ever wanted to do something but just kept making excuses about why you weren't getting started doing whatever it was you wanted to do? I don't have the time or the energy or the kids are too young or Mr. Sassy Pencil needs attention or I don't have the money or the time is just not right for me. Well, it's time to drop the excuses and bury them. The time is now. NOW! I've waited long enough. I'm putting everyone, and I mean EVERYONE else's needs and wants aside and will concentrate on ME for a change. Not that other people's needs and wants don't exist, but the plain fact is that other people's needs and wants should never be more important than my own. That's what I vow to do, starting today. I will start making my needs and wants a priority along with everyone else's.

I've been a lot people in my life and started over so many times that it's all become blurry at times. However, through it all, the two things that have kept me going are my sassy attitude and my pencil. Hence, The Sassy Pencil.

I am or have been (in no particular order): a woman, a mother, a sister, a daughter, an aunt, a grandmother, a student, a pizza delivery person, a bitch, a fast-food chain operator, a file room clerk, a saint, a substitute teacher, a prison guard, an office manager, a fast-food worker, a donut shop waitress, and some would say (not me, of course), a general pain in the ass with a big mouth. I am opinionated as I believe most of us are. Some of us (me) are just better at expressing our feelings and thoughts aloud and getting results. Hence, a blog.


I can identify with a pencil. When you think about it, pencils are really durable creatures. They survive a multitude of indignities each and every day. Really. We suck on it, bite it, stick it behind our ear, throw it, use it as a weapon and a tool, step on it, eat the eraser, kick it down the hall, stairs, and across the floor, and break it. Then, we dust it off, sharpen the end, and use it to pass or fail a test, write a note of hate, a list of groceries, a letter of love, or even a novel. The pencil doesn't lie. It just writes what the brain and the heart tells it to and as with all communication it could be the truth, a lie, or the many shades of gray we cloud ourselves in.


The pencil, the original word processor, has been putting words, thoughts and dreams to paper for many years. I have been putting words to my thoughts and dreams and have been a teacher for most of my life. I have taught my students, my children, Mr. Sassy Pencil, family, friends, and many a stranger along the way many wonderful and not so wonderful things in this crazy life of mine. I hope those who appreciate a sassy word or two on a multitude of subjects will enjoy a laugh or two along with me as I start this life as a blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment